GTI fuel problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

denchey

I have an 06 GTI that has been sitting for about 6 months. I change the oil and cleaned it up and put in the water. it had the old gas in it but started and ran fine. after about 10 minutes of running it dropped a cylinder during idle speed. pulled the plugs to check they were fine but real white.
Put back in water and ran fine for a few min and went to skipping again. thought it was fuel at this time, it was old and might have a little water in it.

change the fuel and pulled the injectors, turned the motor over with the injectors out and connected it seemed like they were not spraying very good for the first few revolutions but cleared up. Started with a water hose and it seems to run ok.

is there anything else I can check or do to insure it is ready to run the summer?

I don't think that there is much more you can do, but you really should replace those plugs. I know they tend to foul, and they look to be ok. I have worked on many Sea-doo 4tecs and I have a dead cylinder and I pull out the plugs and run a compression test and everything checks out fine. The only thing is if you think you might have water still left in the tank for any reason, I know Mercury makes a product that helps mix the water with the fuel so it will just be able to be run through your motor without stalling it. I am just not sure what it is called anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back