GTI - 96 No Power/ Stator issues?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

XARiUS

I got a 96 GTI and i am not getting any power or beeps, the 5amp fuse is blowing as soon as I put the battery in the boat.. After some t/s i removed the electrical connection coming from the stator/mag housing and it will not blow the fuse.. MY stater fell out of the housing last time i was out, just purchased this ski and the bolts backed themselfs out and must of not been tight.

Can anyone give me any insight? also are Stators interchangeable? i have a old 587 Stator and was wondering if i could swap it out. If not does anyone have a reasonable price?

If it came off a four wire system, yes. The crank snout is susceptable to alot of vibration, so use Loctite. The other guy who was in there apparently didn't. Torque
to spec in your manual. ALWAYS

today i took the electrical box out and removed the yellow/black - yellow wires, and connected the battery and the 5amp fuse did not blow... would this mean that my stator is the problem? before this happened a had a constant battery light on my gauge was out.

would anyone know a good place to get a stator for this engine that possible has a warranty or can be returned in case this is for some reason not my problem ? i'm not going to take the one from my spx, simply because im working to get that motor rebuilt this summer.

Thanks in advance for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back