GSX totally dead.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxkid

Today I was out riding my 1997 gsx and it was running excellent (just replaced the plugs) and then all of a sudden it went completely dead. I have only had the ski for around a month and the guy i bought it from switched the 787 in it out to a 717 motor and has wiring for the 717 motor. It was running excellent and the guy i bought it from was a mechanic. I noticed a very small amount of water in the hull but it was no more than i've seen before when i've ridden (i've taken it out around 5 times so far). It doesn't have a DESS lanyard but simply a kill switch and runs a primer instead of a choke. It wont turn over at all and no lights on the dash light up.

I have checked fuses and they all seem to be fine and the battery is new when i bought it a month ago so i'm unsure where to go next. No cranking or anything from the motor whatsoever.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Check the battery and terminals for corrosion if everything looks O.K. try jumping across the terminals of the solenoid. If it turns over, replace the solenoid.

Lou

Well this morning I went out and put the battery back in and she fired right up so i'm guessing that something got a little too wet and just quit working. Is this something that happens commonly??? I also noticed after running on the hose that one of the connections of the APE pipe was a little loose and was spitting water so i got that fixed as well. I'm going to mess with the bilge pumps in the hull and see if they are not working to make sure the hull is staying dry.

Thanks for your awesome advice even tho i didn't have to do any of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back