GSX Limited WEIRDDD problem...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXLimited623

Hey everyone well i have a 1998 GSX Limited and when I take it out to the lake it starts up great idles great but when i hit it it is HORRRRIBLE it wouldn't go above about 3600 rpms today.... but heres the weird part... after about 20 minutes of puttin around and playing w/ the choke it came alive and ran like a champ 62+ mph all day long w/o a problem? this has happened twice so far (the problems in the beginning)

Any ideas?!

What does the pre-ride separator cup dump look like? A little vaseline on the O-ring
helps it to seal. Bills86e

I'm guessing thats the little cup w/ the two hoses going to it? haven't really looked at that is that what it sounds like it could be?? what am I looking for as in "looking right or wrong"

think your needles are stuck, then it finally popped, allowing the ski to work properly. Need to pull the carbs and go through them along with replacing the grey fuel lines.

Thanks yall! guess i got a weeeknd project ahead! sorry i do NOT know about seadoos... where is the carb on these things exactly. im sure if i looked around I could find it but its in the garage right now ha and im in bed ba

Its located above the gas tank. Yar gonna need ta get cha a Service Manual, Bud! :)

Read here about the fuel system, any place air comes in means fuel did not and lean running like you found will result in overheating/burnt pistons, get out all the junk form steel gas cans and the grey fuel lines all the way to the carb inlet screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back