Greasing driveshaft splines?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTHaga

Just rebuilt my jet pump and someone recommended that I grease the driveshaft splines. I’ve heard this can cause to much pressure and cause problems. What do you guys recommend. I have a 96 XP

Splines on which end?

The splines on the pto flywheel should have some grease in them.

Anything put in the impeller end is going to wash out quick enough, it's just the nature of the beast.

It's a machine, add some lube when you can.

Just to make you think. I had a customer bring in an old sp that never had any grease put in the pto splines. Rust built up, things got worn, the shaft spun and ate the splines, the pto removal tool had nothing to grab, we cut off the pto flywheel.........

Give it a shot of grease.

You must put grease on both ends of the driveshaft. With the proper grease, it won't wash out that easy on the impeller.

Chester

Just rebuilt my jet pump and someone recommended that I grease the driveshaft splines. I’ve heard this can cause to much pressure and cause problems. What do you guys recommend. I have a 96 XP
I

Make sure your rubber damper inserted in the shaft end, You don't have to put a ton there, as it will be harder to insert the drive shaft because it has to displace the grease thats in the prop. I have always greased the splines without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back