gps glove box lid for rxp-x?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

govprof

I've noticed that the GTI series has the option of a glove box lid that will accomodate a garmin handheld gps. Does anybody know if their is a lid available that will fit a 2008 rxp-x glove box? Will the lid from any other model fit on my ski?

Thanks

Yes! It fits!

For any newbees out there like myself, the GPS glove box with the molded in GPS holder does fit on my 08 RXT-X. For anybody considering it, literally less than 60 seconds install. To remove, lift the glove box lid. On the lip near the latch on the ski are two small tabs that hold the glove box in place. Gently press both tabs while lifting the same end of the glove box. It has a psuedo hing on the front end and simply lifts - out. Drop the new glove box in, pressing down firmly till the tabs click past the lip of the box assembly and your done.

If you already own the garmin-do it .... cool factory looking mod to your ski.

Note to SeaDoo: So why can't you make the install of the boarding ladder this simple? Huh? Really? You need to buy a metric tap set to install on top of the $250 plastic step from a dealer .... You couldn't mold in threaded inserts for a buck or two ... come on. How about a molded dimple to mark hole locations at least. :cheers:

... but I luv your ski ....

GPS glove box lid, black '08 rxt-x 255

:biggrinjester:Couple pictures of the finished job. Thinking my second ski might be an '10 - wish there was an available part like this for it!

Anybody ever put ever put a small vhf in the glove box of one of these things? Lol.

Attachments

• GPS glove box.jpg
    GPS glove box.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 44
  • GPS glove box 2.jpg
    GPS glove box 2.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 34
  • GPS glove box 3.jpg
    GPS glove box 3.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.