Good Spay For Air Intake ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Ramirez

Hey Guys,

What is a good spray to use in the air intake, other than Bombardier Lube?

Ive seen so many people talking about what to spray on the engine but not much about
what should go in it.

Ive also seen people say yes and no to WD40.

I'm thinking SeaFoam would be good....???

Are you talking about fogging oil? I use Mercrury Storage Seal. Stabil also makes a fogging oil. I just use whatever is on sale. Do NOT use WD40 for fogging oil, not much lubrication and it's actually flammable, so it could be dangerous.

If you are riding in salt water, wash the motor down, Fluid Film is a good protectrant. If you ride in fresh water you don't need anything. It's also a good idea to flush the motor after each use fresh or salt water.

Do not use Seafoam, it will actually wash away the lubrication, you can use Stabil or Marine Stabil, a couple of time during the year, and use it for storage if you winterize your ski.

Lou

Hey Lou,

Thanks for the help!

And Yes, I think I am looking for fogging oil.

I read that I should spray it into the air Intake while the engine is running?
I also read in the Seadoo Manuel that I should Spray for a minute... Seems excessive...

Thanks again for the help! I'm still new to repairs and maintenance.

There's a rubber plug in the airbox, that's where you should fog, yep 1min seems excessive, 20-30 seconds should be sufficient.

Lou

I do mine at a fast idle, maybe 4000rpm's, any slower the fogging oil will choke out the motor, after 20 seconds drop it to a regular idle and let the engine choke out. This should be done out of the water, 30 seconds or less you won't need the hose. Fogg after you flush the engine, this will also get most of the residual water out of the ski.

Lou

Do you guys think its necessary to fog the cylinder's by taking the spark plugs out every time after salt water riding?

I usually rinse the motor (when cold/warm not hot) then flush the ski, run WD40 through the air intake (which LouDou said is a bad idea, kaboom) then spray fogging oil in the cylinders.

If I run fogging oil through the air intake while running can I skip doing the spark plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back