Good places for boating/jetskiing around Pittsburgh?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dsw222

So the obvious answer is "on the 3 rivers". But where else within driving distance of Pittsburgh is good for boating or jet skiing?

I know about Put In Bay by Cedar Point in Ohio, Raystown Lake, and Lake Erie (by Conneaut and Erie, PA)... Any other suggestions?

I'm trying to plan a weekend getaway with my girlfriend for when I get back to the good old USA, and want to check out some other options :cheers:

The yough river lake is nice. I haven't been down there in a long time, but it's only an hour away from Da' Burgh. I'm planning on getting down there once I get the Islandia running.

We have a newer member here this summer, and that's where he rides all the time.

I'm also planing on a long weekend up at presque isle toward the end of summer. (lake Erie)

You still on schedule to be home in Aug?

Last edited by a moderator:
The yough river lake is nice. I haven't been down there in a long time, but it's only an hour away from Da' Burgh. I'm planning on getting down there once I get the Islandia running.

We have a newer member here this summer, and that's where he rides all the time.

I'm also planing on a long weekend up at presque isle toward the end of summer. (lake Erie)

You still on schedule to be home in Aug?

That's not too far, I will have to check it out!

Yep, so far its still looking like mid August. I'm hoping that won't change.... but I don't think it will.

How much longer do you estimate before you have the Islandia out on the water? It looks like it will be a great boat!

The project is taking longer than I wanted it to run... but I guess that's how it goes. The 2 big hold-ups were getting the crankshaft reworked, and figuring out if I wanted to do my own machine work, or farm it out.

On the Crank... the shop had it for 3 weeks, but they are on the west coast. SO... there was also a week on each end for shipping. I got it back last week. So... at this point, I have everything to do the rebuild.

The second part was the machine work. I'm not really set up to do cyl boring. And to make the fixturing, and tooling would cost me a few hundred $$$. BUT... I don't trust the local options. SO... Right now, I've decided to do it all myself. But, since it's been crazy hot here... I haven't been in my shop much this week. They are calling for 99/100 degrees today, with high humidity.

SO.... the plan right now is to get my engine machined, and rebuilt next week, and if all goes well... I'll install it next weekend.

With that said... if I get it up and running in the next couple weeks... I will still have plenty of summer to play with it. Also... because of it's size... I can run well into fall (on the nice days) since it lends itself to just be a relaxing ride. (and not just used for water sports) But who knows. PA weather is nutz. We could have snow in Sept... or 80's in Dec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you'll be good to go in no time! You should try to get some photos up after she's done... the Islandia seems to be a rarity around here, so I'm sure a lot of the members would appreciate some detailed pics to see her features.

Hopefully we can get together for a ride or two on skis/boats before the end of the season... I'm hoping for a longggg hot summer so I'll be able to enjoy some of it! (its been 60ish and rainy in London... depressing)

I've got a build thread started... but it's been a few weeks since I did any updates on it. BUT... as long as nothing changes... I'll be working on it this week.

Yep... I'd like to hook up once you get home. Just shoot me a TXT when you are ready.

Back