G'day from the Land Down Under

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geokep

Hi Guys

New Menber here, have just Purchased a 2006 Islandia Twin 155hps from Jacksonville Fl, it is being packed up for shipping to Australia as we speak it is going to be a long 2 months till it turns up so Easter week end is going to be a big week end, I am looing for a few things for it Like a full enclousre with Clears, if any one can point me in the right direction that would be good i would like to get them sent to Jacksonville to be sent with the boat over to Australia also 2 new Solas impellers and wearings. and maybe a Lowrance GPS Fishfinder, the boat did have a unit on it but no longer does. but still has all the fittings and one more thing i have seen on boats over there is LED stern lights. how cool to they look.

any way Nice to meet you all and look forward to being a long time member. have attached a photo of the new to me boat.

Simon

Attachments

• islandia  2006 right side.jpg
    islandia 2006 right side.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 13
Welcome Simon, glad to have you aboard. Thats a long trip for your new boat! It looks great.

Welcome Simon, WOW Shipping your boat half way around the world. And I sometimes think my 45 min. drive to the Lake is way too long.

Hi guys thanks for your welcome. i have been looking around this site for a while at the same time looking for a boat. when you look at value for money buying a bout from you fair country and after paying for freight. it is still cheaper then buying local, also i have only seen 2 Islandia's in Australia and the whole concept of the Islandia is so cool. nothing like that here.

With the wait you have know idea, it is going to take a while but well and truly worth it by the time it gets here, will be on the tail end of our summer / Fall. but still time to get out and about. the drive to my local boat ramp is only about 5 mins so not that long.

G'Day Geokep,

Nice looking boat.

Since becoming involved with seadoo's, I'm addicted, and like you I have looked into importing a ski from the states. Even more cost effective with the AUD v USD at the moment.

A new RXP can be had for around 11,000USD + freight ex CA vs Australian Dealer 23,000AUD.

The trouble I have encountered is that No BRP dealers in SE QLD (I've spoken to them all) will consider touching a privatly imported boat/ski.

My questions:

Have you contacted any dealers who will service your boat?
(I'm happy to carryout general services myself, but if you require the BUDS system or warranty repairs, BRP will not assist)

Did you import it directly yourself or use an agent?

Can I ask also who you used for freight?

Did you buy new or Used?

:cheers:

Rob

Hey Rob,

ok there has to be some hours on it for a BRP dealer to service it eg 2nd hand. goldcoast seadoo have siad they will do it for me. as mine is 2nd hand there is no warranty on the boat and was also told by GC seadoo that if it was new that any wattanty was void if it had any left.

I found the boat i wanted it was thru a dealer in the US and i know a shipping agent here in brisbane that has been very very helpful

here are his contact details

Mal Hancock
Universal Cargo Services
2/ 58 Frederick St
Northgate Qld Australia 4013
mal@cargo.com.au
Tel: 07 32608788 Mob 0419715728
Fax:07 32606882

where are you in Oz if i can ask Rob

Simon

Hey Simon,

I am at Toowoomba, mainly visit Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba to Bribie), also Sommerset Dam, and sometimes Gold Coast.

I will talk again to James at GC Seadoo (I won't mention that I've been talking to you). I recently checked out a 2006 RXP at Runaway Bay that had been privately imported, he too had the cold shoulder from BRP. It was a good machine but the lack of service is a real draw back.

I am planning a trip to the US this time next year, so I'll make contact with Mal, and continue to make some enquiries regarding ongoing servicability.

Cheers:cheers:
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back