Gauge Cluster removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lgreen

How do I remove my gauge cluster 2012 Challenger 180? I’m trying to replace a switch on the dash. Thanks for any info.

Well, I don't have a Challenger, but maybe my Utopia is similar. The gauges and switches are all in a "binacle" that unfortunately goes around under the steering wheel shaft. I say "unfortunately" because if you want to get the whole cluster or binacle off you have to remove the steering wheel.
BUT! I was able to replace a switch without taking it all the way off. There are four screws in the bottom rear of the binacle, and one big bolt or whatever its called up under the front. On my boat you remove the seat cushion in front of the steering wheel/cluster and access the bolt from through the opening behind the seat. The bolt doesn't go through a hole in the hull, but clamps the binacle to the hull with a big washer. I suspect that's not how it originally worked, but there is some sort of clamping action. Once loosened, the binacle slides back toward the steering wheel enough so you can reach up from the drivers position and unclip the switches. You can't reach through from the front, there's hull in the way through which the wiring loom passes.
Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

Jonas

How do I remove my gauge cluster 2012 Challenger 180? I’m trying to replace a switch on the dash. Thanks for any info.

Should be accessible by removing the starboard bow cushion seat back. On our 210 it's hinged, so fairly simple. I don't believe this is true for the 180s. Seat back lifts straight up to remove. There are hooks on the back side.
Seat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back