Gas smell in the exhaust?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsatina2002

Is it normal to have a strong gas smell in the exhaust... i did put a lot of sea foam on the fuel to clean injectors and heads.... but the smoke and smell is pretty strong... please let me know if there is something wrong....thanks

It's a 2-stroke... it's normal. When warmed up, and with a load, that "Stink" should go away.

BUT... DO NOT use seafoam !!!!!!! It's very hard on the engine. It's a solvent, and breaks down oil. Since you have a very thin layer of oil in the fuel.... that could kill the engine.

I had real bad smell and smoke also. I found that the stator was bad. Replaced it and the problem went away. I still have a hot start problem, but it doesn't smoke.

It's a 2-stroke... it's normal. When warmed up, and with a load, that "Stink" should go away.

BUT... DO NOT use seafoam !!!!!!! It's very hard on the engine. It's a solvent, and breaks down oil. Since you have a very thin layer of oil in the fuel.... that could kill the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back