Gap between ride plate and hull on speedster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igetwet

So i put the pump back into my 2000 speedster and now theres a small gap, between 1/4" and 1/2", between the front of the ride plate and the hull. Is it like this on anyone elses speedster or Sportjet powered sea-doo? I dont think this is right but there isnt any play where the pump fits into the hull so i figured id ask some others. thanks for the help

Can you post a pic, so we will know exactly where you mean? If you do... I'll check my islandia tomorrow morning.

BUT.... here's a pic of mine. I don't know if you can see it or not.

343.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, here's the gap, it's at the front of the ride plate.
83C360D9-98E8-4AEB-812A-7AF3D17B3DE5-108-00000002A92612E6.jpg

EAC3DF45-0E78-447F-97F6-0C0FE8DC5AB0-108-00000002A6DFD81C.jpg

This was a ride plate from a different boat, thought they were all the same but this one might be slightly smaller. Not sure yet. I have to check lots of parts numbers.

OK....

I'm going to light the grill for dinner in a few. I'll go look at mine while I'm out there.

Looks like I have a gap... but the rubber insert fills it. Regardless, it's not a flush fit.

366.jpg

Look like the seal on yours fills the gap completely. I must of got a ride plate from a different boat that must be a tiny bit smaller. It probably wouldnt cause too much trouble except for maybe take off. I love it when you are trying to fix problems and end up making more.

Doc, could you take a measurement from the front of the ride plate, including the seal, to the back of it when you get a chance? That'd be awesome. Hopefully mine would measure shorter and I'd get an easy answer then.

So......

From where the seal touches the hull, to the rear of the ride plate?? (or to the rear of the trim tab too?)

I can do it this evening, when I get home.

Look like the seal on yours fills the gap completely.

Sort of. My hull doesn't have that same lip as yours. It comes in at an angle, and the seal just sits on it.

BUT... if you look at the top of the picture (port side of the hull) you will see a shadow. That's a gap in the seal.

Yea from the where the seal meets the hull to the end of the ride plate, not the trim plate. Thanks!

And yea I do notice the small gap along the side in yours too now. Hmm

Sorry... I got your measurement... then I started tinkering with my boat, and before I new it... I found things I didn't like... Then... I had to go to a meeting.

But... from the seal to the rear of the ride plate is 24". Going all the way back to the trim tab is 28.5".

Thanks. I had a friend measure his and his is 24-3/16, so I think that's where my problem is. Thanks for the help doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back