Full throttle in reverse...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

99-LS1-SS

What can happen to dammage a 2001 GTI when you go full throttle in reverse for about 10-15 seconds?

The reason I ask is because that happened to mine and now it's taking water in the engine bay and running really bad. Any help at all is appreciated.

It is a 2 stroke 85 horsepower. Thanks.

Can you describe symptoms? I've never done this personally so we'll just have to diagnose this like anything else.

Outside of taking water on in the engine bay. It runs really rough when you first take off, it sputters and has no acceleration for about 5-10 seconds and then it will start taking off. It was bogging down when I was turning to the left too. After about 10-15 minutes of riding there is about 6-8 inches of water inside the engine bay. It almost covers the top of the battery. It smokes pretty bad at startup too. It's white smoke which leads me to believe it's getting or has water in the engine.

This is my first PWC and I've only spent a about 1 hour on the Sea Doo with it running correctly so I can't judge any loss of power or speed yet but, it feels like it should or did go faster before it started running bad.

I hope this is enough info to get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks again.

I'm not sure on that hull, but you may want to check the water pick up for the engine. Can you put it in the water and see where the leak is coming from?

Quite possibly the cooling system though. Would explain leak and poor running of engine.

Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by "Quite possibly the cooling system though"? I will put it in the water tomorrow and see if I can determine where the water is coming in from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back