Fuel problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, in my ongoing saga with my "new to me" 1998 Challenger I am having what I believe to be a fuel problem. I put it in the water for the first time and backed it off the trailer. When I took off and started to speed up she sounded really good. (it has twin 110s) I gave her the gas and she took off extremely well. Then the starboard engine just died. I headed for the dock and was able to get it re-fired on the way. It was coughing and sputtering a bit but made it in to the dock. I put some new spark plugs in and the engines both sounded good. I headed out for another try. Again she took off like crazy for a few seconds and then the port engine died. I noticed that they would both run fine as long as I kept them under 3,000 rpm while heading back to the dock. I changed the inline fuel filter on the port engine and gave it another shot. The results were the same, so I thought I would just run around the harbor at 3,000 rpms to see if it would run for an extended period of time. after about a minute both engines just shut off. They always fire right back up but it's driving me a little nuts. I see that there is a fuel filter on the bottom of the pickup tube in the tank. I'm kind of leaning in that direction but also considering emptying the tank and putting fresh fuel in it. I put fresh in it when i was heading to the lake but I have no idea how old the 1/4 tank of gas was to begin with. Any thoughts about this? Thanks!

Yes that is the correct kit.

No, it doesn't come with base gaskets, doesn't come with the correct springs or needles and seats.

Thanks miki, I appreciate your help. I have ordered the kits and even the JIS screwdriver that you recommended in your thread. Is that a #2 screwdriver? Also ordered the parts to make up the pop-off gauge. Do you have any info on ordering the parts recommended above?

Yes, JIS #2.

For one stop shopping for first timers I suggest getting everything from OSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back