Fuel Line Leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

enut

I just rebuilt my carbs, everything seems to work, the engine starts right up. But the magneto side carb has some gas leaking on the fittings. I think its the lower fitting as shown in the picture that goes to the PTO carb. I used stainless steel worm clamps and kept tightening them up but I still have some gas leaking out. I thought that the fuel hose may have hardened over the years so I picked up some new line from Autozone, same inner diameter but smaller outside diameter and it still leaks. Am I missing something simple, has anyone had this same problem?
Thanks

carb_fittings.jpg

I just rebuilt my carbs, everything seems to work, the engine starts right up. But the magneto side carb has some gas leaking on the fittings. I think its the lower fitting as shown in the picture that goes to the PTO carb. I used stainless steel worm clamps and kept tightening them up but I still have some gas leaking out. I thought that the fuel hose may have hardened over the years so I picked up some new line from Autozone, same inner diameter but smaller outside diameter and it still leaks. Am I missing something simple, has anyone had this same problem?
Thanks

View attachment 19088

the easiest thing to do is start over. those clamps look a bit to big, maybe by over tightening then the flat spot under the screw is distorting the hose..., start fresh, with new piece of hose, try a smaller clamp, or try a zip tie to see if the leak stops...

After seeing what the PO did on our boat, I stayed away from the screw clamps and used zips for one season, the following season (this year) I opted for a change up and used Oetiker clamps, these seem to do a better job at 360° of clamping, but you need to size these type of clamps for the range that they are used for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back