Fuel Injection for a 717? Yes it is/was possible!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

illru

Was looking around ebay for boat parts and found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-717..._Watercraft_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item336d05fe56

And started drooling...

Fuel injection for a 717!!! If there were two for sale and all the parts were there I would jump all over them! (I think the ecu is missing. But that is just a guess from looking at the pic.) Ahhhh... no more rebuilding carbs, or jamming my hand under the air silencers to turn screws or setting pop-offs. Just a data cable to talk to the ECU(s). NICE!!!

It looks like it was made by these people.
http://www.westcoastinc.com/WPPhome.html

If anyone has any other info about this system please share!!!
Oh! And if you own one and have not told us please do a write up/review about it!

Since this ebay link will not be around forever I copied the photos from the sale and attached them to this post. Also here is part of the sale description.

--start description--

Ebay page title:
"Sea Doo 717 or 720 Engine Westcoast Fuel Injection EFI System RARE Jet Ski PWC"
Sale desscripion:
"This is Westcoast Fuel Injection System for the SeaDoo 717 or 720 engine. I do not know anything about this system other than it is a RARE item, some of the parts are new and some are extra for spares. I believe Chris Fischetti ran a system like this one on his '94-'95 SD 717 WestCoast Race XP. Please refer to..."

---begin drooling---

-dave

Attachments

• efi-01.JPG
    efi-01.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 24
  • efi-02.JPG
    efi-02.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 28
  • efi-03.JPG
    efi-03.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 30
  • efi-04.JPG
    efi-04.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 24
Yep... it was a last "Huraw" from Westcoast back in the day. It was expensive, and not very user friendly. Also... it was not allowed for racing, so it was a bust.

Now... the "Westcoast" you gave us a link to, is really not the same company. They are in the same building, and are using the same name... but really, they are just a big machine shop, for OEM's.

The system above is a neat piece of history... but I wouldn't bolt it on my ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back