Frustrated... where can I find a used electric trailer mover for a good price?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faken

Hey guys, having a HECK of a time finding a darn electric trailer mover/dolly here in Montreal. I am trying to find one used as a brand new one is just WAY too expensive but I've looked all over the place online, kijiji, craigslit etc and even posted wanted ads, called dozens of places that sell campers and trailers and I've come up with absolutely ziltch. Can anyone suggest a good place to look or maybe someone here has one they don't need any more? I only have a couple of inches on either side when putting the boat in the yard and it's a huge pain to do it by myself with the truck so I think one of these would be so much easier. I'm also gearing up to do some landscaping in the back so this would be awesome for moving my utility trailer around from the front driveway to my back yard without destroying my back.

Thanks!
Dan

There was one in the Minneapolis MN craigslist recently, I think it was about $300.

However when I saw that ad I thought "why not just use your truck". My 23' boat has a tandem axle trailer and can not be moved by hand, I have about 6" on either side when backing it into the garage and I like to have it as close to one side as possible which means I have about 3" of wiggle room. With practice it gets easier. The key is having my wife spotting so that I don't hit against anything.

There was one in the Minneapolis MN craigslist recently, I think it was about $300.

However when I saw that ad I thought "why not just use your truck". My 23' boat has a tandem axle trailer and can not be moved by hand, I have about 6" on either side when backing it into the garage and I like to have it as close to one side as possible which means I have about 3" of wiggle room. With practice it gets easier. The key is having my wife spotting so that I don't hit against anything.

Hi Brian :)

My trailer is juuuuust on this side of too heavy to push myself. I can move it around to position it just fine, but in the grass and gravel I just can't push it myself. So I have maybe 2 inches on either side and it's about 60 feet of wall and fence to get it in the yard so it's just a HUGE pain, AAAND I have to do it by myself as I don't always have a spotter. I know it can be done, but I just think it would be faster and less risky to home and truck with one of these dollys. My brother had an interesting idea, he suggested laying down some 6x6s on the ground and pinning them with stakes and that would serve as a guide but pretty sure I can buy the dolly for the same price as all that lumber lol!

Dan

How about a hitch on the front of the truck? Much easier to push it in when you can see it well.

There is a electric movers for aircraft. People move their heavy Aircraft into their hangers.
I found a lot by searching " motorized trailer Mover " for ball hitch.
Cheers.

if you go non electric.... there are some options,, by bro in law had one for his 26' boat to wiggle it around the garage with like 2" clearance on the sides.... pretty precise... called a trailer valet... its pretty slow tho... more for moving the last foot or two around a garage IMO

trailervalet-lgn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back