Fly wheel alternator belt part number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polcat

I have a shredded alternator fly wheel belt and I can’t seem to find the part number for that. Can somebody help? 2002 utopia 240efi m2 jet​
Thanks​

Attachments

• F5C6E8A6-AFF5-44E2-9D59-C90871B8573A.jpeg
    F5C6E8A6-AFF5-44E2-9D59-C90871B8573A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 223B04F5-1A05-4802-81E3-46645F28EB11.jpeg
    223B04F5-1A05-4802-81E3-46645F28EB11.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20
If you have a piece of the belt to check the width and pitch then get a rough measurement with a string for the length, you should be able to find one at an auto/marine parts store. You may have to get 2 or 3 close to it to find the right one. While your at it, check for wear on your pulleys to make sure the belt is riding correctly on the pulleys.

If you have a piece of the belt to check the width and pitch then get a rough measurement with a string for the length, you should be able to find one at an auto/marine parts store. You may have to get 2 or 3 close to it to find the right one. While your at it, check for wear on your pulleys to make sure the belt is riding correctly on the pulleys.
Its 2 far gone.. i tried a search, but no postive part numbers, except 4pk812..
No auto parts store has them

With the measurements, you won't need a part number. They should be about to find 1 with that info. Once again it will still be a trial and error with several belts to get the right one. The belt needs to ride flush with the top of the pulley, not raised out of the pulley or on the bottom.

The belt is broken in half so I’m not sure if it’s missing a couple inches out of the belt or not. I don’t know how to get a measurement of that

Thanks
Ill try a auto parts store first
I know its 4 rib and 812mm long
Does anyone know the widths? Or auto parts store part number?
Thanks

I know it's a few months later but I want to put it out there for anyone looking for a replacement in the future. I found a Gates automotive belt that works perfectly with the 240EFI. Part number is: K040320 ($11 shipped from Amazon v $70 for the "marine" belt!)

I was tooling around in the Chesapeake bay last season when my belt shredded. Luckily I was able to make it back to dock. Took some looking but the gates belt worked great and I took it out about half a dozen times after that without issue. Also, they're so cheap compared to Mercury's "Marine" belt that I keep a spare on-board along with a 3/8 ratchet in case I ever lose another belt and need to replace it while out on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back