Flushing on an Angle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMoreE

I'm considering putting some wheel runners on my wooden boat ramp on the Potomac (salt) so that I can avoid trailering the ski every night in the summer. I'll just crank 'er up, provided the tide doesn't get too low, like we do with an outboard runabout.

However, this means that when I do the flush process for the exhaust at the end of the day, the ski will sit at an angle (as opposed to being level while on a trailer.)

Does anyone know if this is OK, or if it will create problems with the flushing process itself?

Any other dangers to be aware of storing the ski at an angle (30-ish degrees) for days at a time? (And resting on 3 sets of poly-whatever wheels, instead of the flat wooden carpeted boards of a trailer, held up by a hook on the nose ring.)

2013 GTI SE in case that matters. I'm hoping the fiberglass is strong enough to sit on those wheels...

It will be fine. Actually it’s better because more of the water drains out of the exhaust when you are done.

Cool, thanks folks! Now my trick is determining how to get those rollers in position to gracefully get the boat out of the water without denting the bottom... (the existing ramp has a "break" angle over the seawall where it flattens slightly.)

In case anyone is curious, here is the existing ramp, with the "break" at the post.
IMG_0542.JPG

Last edited:
Install Teflon Slides instead of rollers. Much safer for the hull of the ski.

Every trailer I have ever owned I use them on, makes a huge difference.

Interesting idea, I'll have to look into that. I need to figure out how to mount them to the underlying boards such that they'll sit at the proper angle I suppose.

Interesting idea, I'll have to look into that. I need to figure out how to mount them to the underlying boards such that they'll sit at the proper angle I suppose.

They simply screw down onto the bunk on the trailers, so in your case, they would screw into the mounting boards. On the Teflon Guides, there are countersunk holes for the screw heads.

You just need to use thick enough boards where you can countersink the mountng bolts so they do no interfere with the Teflon and or the ski hulls.

Here are a couple of pics.

a7cf73e4f2e2b3975b6d9b01efc53686.jpg

eae78b8e192b3c47eb8ae2e2009931f7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back