Fixing a second hand GTX 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjpearce

I have been going thru my second hand 2014 260 Limited with 69 hours. It is a beautiful machine. I am working out the kinks. Right after the dealer dropped it off and drove away (2 hours since I am out in the boonies) I got the alarms sounding, warning lights, and a high voltage reading on the main gauge. So I bought a new voltage regulator- a $40 model not the Seadoo OEM for $140- and an AGM battery (that was supposed to fit). I put the Doo on my trailer and started the repairs. The voltage regulator was hanging loose but easy to replace. For some reason the replacement battery is just a fraction of an inch bigger- so I tried everything possible- I even Dremeled the side of the battery box that is unattached- I could fit the battery in the PWC but there was no way to get the bolts that hold the box in to line up on the bottom- so back went the old battery. I will save the new battery for another PWC. I decided to clean out all the congealed crap in the hull using simple green and lots of water. I do not know where all that stuff came from. Then I went to the left side. As I was removing the storage compartment, the rear hatch cover broke loose and fell off, so I will need a new strut support- and I can tell that SOMEONE before me had drilled in new bolts on the left side to hold the compartment in. Again there was lots of gunk inside the hull but it has been cleaned and dried. Engine looks fine and oil is clean. I managed to re-attach the rear storage cover but I believe the strut support is shot since the cover opens too far- there is no stop to it- and then is ready to fall off. But I am able to lock it up- and I will not open it again until it is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back