First Time PWC/SeaDoo Owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterlogged808

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the helpful information so far.

I recently bought a 2002 GTI LE, which I later found out had a leaky exhaust manifold gasket during my first trip on the water (fun times). Easy enough fix once I got it back home and got the part.

The big problem I created was when I hydrolocked the engine while water testing the gasket integrity, by forcing water in via water hose without having the engine running. Yes, I know now that was dumb. We learn most from mistakes that cost us hours of time to fix, I guess. Anyway, thanks to some Googling/Youtubing/SeaDooForuming, I eventually got the water out via pumping the pistons (with spark plugs removed) with the starter and taking apart the exhaust manifold (again) and sucking as much water out as possible. I also picked up the front of the trailer to dump out as much water as possible that was still sitting in the exhaust. I finally got everything put back together along with new spark plugs and another new gasket since I damaged the OTHER new one I previously installed and removed. Alas, after spending more time than I would've preferred on working on this thing during Memorial Day weekend, I got the thing running again.

I took it out to the lake the next day and it was a success! Ran it hard for about an hour or so and let the kids take turns on the back. It was worth all the time getting it going. Now, I need to figure out how to get it going faster than 32-33 MPH, which is what the speedometer was reading at top speed. The motor is an SBT replacement from 2015. It felt pretty fast, although I don't have anything to really compare, so I guess the speedometer could be somewhat inaccurate - not sure. I plan to get a compression tester and search through some of the forums here and get some more valuable advice from you guys.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back