Finally found a bank and got the loan for the boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug13

It took calling around to a hand full of banks but I finally went to my credit union and got the loan. I can't believe some banks take 5 to 10 days to see if they will loan on a boat! Some had no rates and short terms. But I want to take it out before I sign the check over so just waiting on the weather to stop raining.

Attachments

• 00p0p_bCI8Uohlml4_1200x900.jpg
    00p0p_bCI8Uohlml4_1200x900.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 66
I had alot of the same issues. Regular Banks only wanted to give me half of what I needed. Alot of them didn't want to do loans for a boat. I ended up with a bank that does alot of boat and RV loans. Still took 3-4 weeks to get everything done. And even then they were picky and you had to have very good credit to get the loan.
Once you get to enjoy it though it will be worth the effort.

Congrats! I pretty much have the same boat as well. I removed the SEA-DOO logos on the sides since they were falling off ... now nobody on our lake knows what kind of boat it is :)

My regular bank Huntington will do boat loans and has a cheaper rate then my credit union but said it will be 5 to 10 days. The guy was only going to hold it from sat to Tuesday so that wasn't a option. I ended up going to my credit union and they had the ck in ten mins or so

Congrats Waterbug !! I have the same boat but in Blue and absolutely love it. My loan is also through Huntington but I actually applied for it through iNet on Lending Tree and they were wonderful to deal with. I also got my insurance through iNet and they really treated me well. Enjoy the new boat !

Thanks , got the ins threw my regular agent they have about a dozen or more companies they check. It's with progressive on the boat for about $300 a yr and covered for a $25,000 value plus medical and all that crap. Not a progressive fan but their boat and bike ins isn't to bad! I deal with ins companies all the time doing body work some I stay away from

Thanks , got the ins threw my regular agent they have about a dozen or more companies they check. It's with progressive on the boat for about $300 a yr and covered for a $25,000 value plus medical and all that crap. Not a progressive fan but their boat and bike ins isn't to bad! I deal with ins companies all the time doing body work some I stay away from
How is state farm?

For cars it depends on the area, but they are doing like some of the other crapy ins companies and wanting the customer to use a phone app and take pics. They are hoping most will take the cash over getting their car fixed. I've seen some already were they say they will $1500 and it goes to a body shop and it's well over $5000 really fast. There are more and more cars out there with $2000 and $3000 dollar headlights now! So never take a cash buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back