Fender bracket replacement FAIL- advice?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster32940

Well, I went about replacing the springs and bunk brackets on my Karavan trailer.... Looked wonderful when done.

Just after getting the trailer back from the shop, I noticed that the drivers side fender seemed to be wobbling a bit when under tow, and I saw that the front bracket holding the fender on the frame seemed partly cracked. I have no idea when that happened, but I assumed it was on the way to breaking completely and was very frustrated because it looks like replacing the bracket assembly will require removing the springs again just to replace the part. GRRR.

So, I took some JB Weld stick material from Home Depot and hoped to solve the problem on the cheap. It hardened okay, and looked fine so I thought I was all set. WRONG. Next time out the fender was back to wobbling worse than ever. The JB Weld stuff was broken right off, worthless. I used some Kayak straps to tie the front of the fender to the frame & finished the drive.

So.... Should I look for a welding shop to weld the bracket back together, or should I order a new one from Karavan and pay for the part + shipping + a trailer shop to take apart everything & install the new bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back