Feedback on potentially buying used for a first time owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Phawryschuk

Hey guys,

First timer here, I'm getting ready to make my lifelong obsession with owning a SeaDoo come to fruition.

I've been digging through the forum and this place is great. I've read through the buying a used ski thread and there was excellent info in there, I'm just hoping to get an idea of what I'm in for prior to making the purchase since this used ski is a bit newer than what was referenced in that thread.

Can you guys fill me in on some of the maintenance costs (supercharger rebuilds: when, how and how much?), does the hull need to be waxed or sealed, and any other general, routine maintenance?

Since I'm not buying this from a dealer I'm not sure I'll get the skinny on how to keep this beast in mint condition.

Also, I've attached the link to the posting, it's a 2012 GTR 215 with 31 hours. Is $9K a fair price? I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet but I'm hoping to get it for $8K at most.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/4555831601.html

EDIT: One more question - are the warranties transferrable? This says there is one more year after this summer, just want to make sure that's viable.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are transferable, somebody else will chime in to confirm.

9K seems fair enough for me for your area and the time of year.

Much appreciated.

Can you perhaps fill me in on the SC rebuild everyone is talking about? I've heard 100 and 200 hours, so I'm not sure what to take as fact.

Back