Fault Code " P 1027"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

alindley

So I took my boat out last night, it was feeling a little sluggish, but it was wavy so I just figured that was probably why. Any time I tried to plane out I had to hit around 5k RPM just to get moving, but once I was up everything was good. I noticed anytime I did a semi tight turn, I lost alot of my speed and had to hit the throttle just to get back to moving.

There were a couple times that I hit WOT and I only hit 7000 rpms, still didnt feel as fast as normal tho (around 40mph) But the majority of the trip I was just cruising at 5000-6000 rpm with a few stops to jump in the lake.

I was out for a good 2 hours and when I came back in I went to set my boat into docking mode and than I noticed an extra option called "READ FAULTS" or "FAULT CODES", selected it and it gave me Fault Code " P 1027" (or something very similar with those numbers) I dont exactly remember as I was just about to get out of the water and write it down in my phone but once I got out, I went back into the boat to look at it again and it was gone.

I did some google searches and came across this,

I don't see the code I saw (well atleast any configuration of it that I think I remember) and I also tried to pull the code up by

The procedure for retrieving codes is as follows:
With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes (onboard diagnostic).
Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When "list" is over, END will appear.
When END appears, press MODE to exit.

Nothing comes up... I tried with just the lanyard on the post, power off hit select 5 times. With lanyard on post key turned to accessory on, and lanyard on post with key turned to power on (full guage cluster powered up) NONE of them gave me a code or a list....

So drove it all weekend, let it warm up for over 10 minutes each time, but the code always came up. I can't seem to find anything relating to that code for boats other than it being a temperature sensor in PWCS. Never gave me any actual trouble but as soon as the code came I feel like it got a bit limp, and capped at 7k RPM even tho I barely ever even touched that high other than when turning because I would loose alot of speed when I did any form of turns... Very weird, just have to take my family tubing next weekend and then it will be going in for service.

answered in other thread.....
if you comment in threads, then start another. it can get lost amongst other comments and topics......

yes temp warning will clear if lanyard is pulled. search temp, or exhaust temp. there is endless threads on blocked/restricted water exhaust manifold. couild restricted water flow from jet pump, blocked pin holes etc.

copied from another site
That code is for intake temp sensor. There is a recall for updated sensor. Look at front of intake manifold and see if the sensor is blue or green. Should be blue if it's the updated sensor.

also could be the intercooler

Last edited by a moderator:
answered in other thread.....
if you comment in threads, then start another. it can get lost amongst other comments and topics......

yes temp warning will clear if lanyard is pulled. search temp, or exhaust temp. there is endless threads on blocked/restricted water exhaust manifold. couild restricted water flow from jet pump, blocked pin holes etc.

copied from another site
That code is for intake temp sensor. There is a recall for updated sensor. Look at front of intake manifold and see if the sensor is blue or green. Should be blue if it's the updated sensor.

also could be the intercooler

Perfect, thank you. I was just a little scared as I was gone all weekend at the cottage and didnt really have access to computer or anything, just figured I could get a quicker answer shot to my email.

I will be taking it out again on saturday and I will check the sensor asap and let you know. Could this become a big problem if it isn't taken care of right away?

I basically just need to take my family out tubing this coming weekend and than after than it will be going in for a service (if this should be looked at ASAP), but the problem is it will take at least a week turn around at the dealer, and seeing as summer is almost over I was hoping to get a few of my friends out for a ride as well, but if this could become a big problem (I'm sure a clogged intercooler or hose anywhere is NOT good news) but if it's just a sensor tripping out, does the code throw it into a safety mode? I could never go more than about 30 mph and dont think I even would be as there will be a bunch of little kids just to tow for an hour or 2.

Fault Code " P 1027"

Hi, I'm in New Zealand and I have the same boat, my mates have another two of these as well, two of us have had that very problem. It's the intake temp sensor part number is 420222423 and should cost $28 USD. To test when you have the problem pull the plug on my this sensor when it won't go over 7k rpm, if when you pull the sensor and it revs to normal replace sensor. Located here
http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a...ke-manifold-and-throttle-body-3-sea-doo-boats

Hi, I'm in New Zealand and I have the same boat, my mates have another two of these as well, two of us have had that very problem. It's the intake temp sensor part number is 420222423 and should cost $28 USD. To test when you have the problem pull the plug on my this sensor when it won't go over 7k rpm, if when you pull the sensor and it revs to normal replace sensor. Located here
http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a...ke-manifold-and-throttle-body-3-sea-doo-boats

Perfect!! Thanks.
I ordered one today as they didnt have it in stock, but I'm 99% sure this is definitely the issue as well. Regardless I will be checking the colour and I will do this test on the weekend, unless the part comes in tomorrow, but either way thanks!

34$ Canadian from the dealer, same part number

Any amount of cavitation can cause overheating of the exhaust system as it relies on the jet pump to circulate the exhaust cooling water - make sure there is nothing foreign visible looking inside the ride plate grate or jet pump back.

Any amount of cavitation can cause overheating of the exhaust system as it relies on the jet pump to circulate the exhaust cooling water - make sure there is nothing foreign visible looking inside the ride plate grate or jet pump back.

Hi James, are you saying we shouldn't get any cavitation?

In Sea Doo boats it is not uncommon to get a small amount of cavitation. It comes down to impeller size and cut to weight ratio. Ski's will get zero when things are as they should be. That said, it should be very minimal. As James said, cavitation in general is both a sign of an issue and can create issues.

In Sea Doo boats it is not uncommon to get a small amount of cavitation. It comes down to impeller size and cut to weight ratio. Ski's will get zero when things are as they should be. That said, it should be very minimal. As James said, cavitation in general is both a sign of an issue and can create issues.

Great. I ordered a new temperature sensor, still waiting on it, but unfortunately the one currently in my boat is a blue one as well. Is it hard to swap the sensor? And if this doesn't fix the issue should I be taking it in for a service or should I tell them that there might be a caviatation issue?

Theres nothing that I can see thru the grate/jet pump from my eyes.

Update, code is p0127

I have had this code once for a short time. I think I'm just gonna replace both on my boat since they are cheap or at least have them on hand. I just want to make sure I have read correctly, the NEW sensors are blue? There is conflicting information. Just want to be sure. Thanks

I have had this code once for a short time. I think I'm just gonna replace both on my boat since they are cheap or at least have them on hand. I just want to make sure I have read correctly, the NEW sensors are blue? There is conflicting information. Just want to be sure. Thanks

The one currently in my boat is blue, and the new one that I just got from the dealer is green. :\ Definitely conflicting to what was said previously.

And what do you mean both? I need 2 temp sensors?

The one currently in my boat is blue, and the new one that I just got from the dealer is green. :\ Definitely conflicting to what was said previously.

And what do you mean both? I need 2 temp sensors?

Thanks that helps make my decision! I have a twin engine boat... twice as many ;)

Well that makes sense!

So I just installed the new sensor.... Everything was good until I tried to put the electrical part back on.... I could not for the life of me get the "teeth" past the little tab spot... With both hands pulling it onto the sensor it's just barely on there. If I give it any force to pull it off with the metal bracket _/-\_ on it will come off. Does anyone have a trick to getting this back on because I'm scared to take it for a test drive without it properly seated =(

167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only briefly looked at this sensor on my boat, it looked to me the metal 'hoop' around the electrical connector needed to be pulled out from the connector to release/install the connector onto the sensor.

I have only briefly looked at this sensor on my boat, it looked to me the metal 'hoop' around the electrical connector needed to be pulled out from the connector to release/install the connector onto the sensor.

Sorry I should have explained better, the metal hoop around the connector was taken out, and I still could not get the connector to reconnect. I just placed the metal hoop back in so I didn't loose it.

I called my local dealer and they are super back logged but he recommended to pull out the rubber gromet on the inside of the pin connector because it possibly could have swollen up. But then it will no longer have a water tight seal.

Before I took it apart I could not pull the connection apart until the metal hoop was gone.

Just got home, going to try and fix this for good but 2 questions.

How do I know if it's properly working? Will i instantly get a code if it isn't connected properly?
And is it bad to run the boat without it? I told a friend I would take him out for the last time of the summer tomorrow so definitely want to get this fixed (regardless) but would it be silly to take it out if I don't get it in properly? The dealer said 2 weeks minimum so I may aswell just be putting it away if I have to take it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back