Factory pipe 720 ,how to make it reliable? On pump gas...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandriva

Hi, i bought today a xp 1995 720
I will restore! But i want be reliable but fast! I m looking for rossier race pipe, but factory pipe is pretty easy to find and it the best pipe for 720! But i am recreational rider ! Cruise around 5500 rpm !motor Stock bone but Flame arrestor/with factory pipe ! What is the best setting for be reliable

Factory Pipe + pump gas + reliability.....I believe putting a tooth under the pillow and finding a quarter there in the morning to have better odds. Many years ago I spoke with Andrew Buck and Ross Liberty's #1 guy and both said "there is no such thing as pump gas domes with a Factory Pipe and ANY other mods AFTER I installed "pump gas domes" and detonated the 787 on premium pump & Motul 800 32:1 with flatter timing curve, ex temp went down and brappp, silence. Definitely detonation from lower motor octane, retarding timing makes less heat and lower cyl peak pressures. Mandriva, you know how on the edge FP's are, 1 of your replies a few years ago indicated you did anyways.

Put 96 787 carbs on it set to normal 96XP specs. Make sure the exit of the chamber is 38mm and not 34mm. Adjust the water set screw so the chamber does not get so dang hot at WOT(FPP instructions say to splash water on it and have it sizzle). Run a 787 impeller. Enjoy.

I never try on a 720!!
But i have a factory pipe 720 and i scored a rossier race pipe 720 ( 3part, spacer/manifold/pipe) it,s no rec version!
I will try the rossier race pipe before !
I got the jet kit rossier for this pipe with OEM carburetor
130 main
70 pilot
95 g
1.5 needle
Hs 1
Ls 1 1/4
And prop i think is 13/21 concord
I need 7200/7300 rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back