Exhaust (and other) mod(s) on GTI?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narcotics

Hi,

Just recently fixed my ski and was planning on working on it a bit more.
I'm fairly new to this so please bare with me.

(I have a 2012 GTI 155 SE - Exhaust schematic)
I was planning on installing a cold air intake but couldn't seem to find a kit for my specific model (is the layout that much different? or can I use a kit from, say, an RXP (etc)?)
Do you even need a kit? Or could I just buy a cold air intake (head?) and remove the old and install the new?

As for the exhaust...
I was planning on installing some kind of kit to basically have the exhaust lead to the back rather than the side of the pump. (EDIT: A Free flow exhaust simply removing the resonator)
Do I need a specifically designed kit to do this? Is there one for a GTI? (I cant seem to find one).
If I need to do it myself; can I use the bendable pipe used throughout the oem exhaust or does it need to be of the material they use on the kits (Riva in particular).

tl;dr
My questions are:
1. Can you install a cold air intake on my model of jetski?
2. Is there no exhaust kit for GTIs or am I missing something?
3. Can other exhaust kits fit my model? (Isn't the layout similar?)
4. ^ If not, can I do this myself with some parts?
5. How do I block the original exhaust exit? Are there any kits online? (I can only seem to find FULL kits with the exhaust).

At a bonus, can anybody tell me the general advantages to the (free flow) exhaust? (and disadvantages, if any). What aspect of performance does it affect?

Any help/advice is really appreciated.
Thanks.

Max

EDIT: I found this:
http://www.pwcmuscle.com/worx-seadoo-rear-exhaust-kit-for-gtr-and-gti.html
I believe it is a free flow exhaust. Would this work on my specific model, would any of you know? Or would simply installing a piece of pipe be easier?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that exhaust you're looking at is a rear exit exhaust, meaning you'd have to cut a hole in the hull. I just picked up a 2007 gtx 155 and I'm having the same problem finding any kind of easy upgrades. I'm not looking for the performance of a SC model just something to pep it up a little. Everything I've read is mixed some say it's pointless some claim small gains but I haven't been able to find any kits either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back