Engine Won't Do Anything

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

balleng

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my 1994 GTX. It was running great about 18 months ago. Brought it home from the lake without having any problems.

I got a new battery for it just last week. I cleaned all the electrical connections and double checked all the fuses. There clearly hasn't ever been any water in the electrical box, and I replaced everything else that had even the slightest corrosion.

But I can't get more than a click from the starter when I try the ignition. I jumped it with a forklift battery and the starter turned slowly. When I took out the plugs, eliminating the compression, the started seemed like it was turning at a decent pace.

When I unhooked the jumper cables, the starter still wouldn't do a damn thing. With or without the plugs. Now I can't get the starter to turn even when I'm jumping it. What could be wrong here? Is something seized?

I hooked up the cables directly to the starter and the engine ground, bypassing the entire electrical system, and still nothing.

Where do I look next guys? Please help...

PHP:
I hooked up the cables directly to the starter and the engine ground, bypassing the entire electrical system, and still nothing.

Sounds like you need a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back