Engine turnover with starter when the plugs are not on. The other engine start well with the same battery seadoo challenger 1800 1997

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelcsfa

I change the starter and the solenoid on that engine. I take the spark plugs out and manually can turn the engine. I conect the batery crack the statboard engine and rotate without the spark plugs on. I Putin the spark plugs on and a beautiful sondeo of Clang goes on and dont turn.
I dont know what posses this engine I need advise before I go crazy.

So motor turns over by hand but starter wont turn over? I'm guessing the easiest thing to do would be cleaning the connections on starter. Why did you change starter & solenoid on that motor?

Because when I hit the start burton it just make a clicks sondeo. The other engine with the same battery cracks up on the starboard side. The engine on the portal side just click. So vive me the indicación the solenoid entre bad. So I change it, press the start burton alain and the same click. So took of the starter cleaned. Out it back and nothing..si buy a new starter change it and the same click.
The took the spark plugs cables out took the spark plug off. And freely move the flywheel. And smooth the engine turn. So is not lock.
Conect the batery hit the burton and with the sparkplugs out the starter rotate the engine.
Once I put the sparkplugs back the same click happen. So I dont know what in the world is possesing the engine.
Have any other idea sometjing that Im misding?

Sounds like bad cables then.
If you jump the two posts on the starter solenoid with a screwdriver does it crank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back