Engine sync - 230 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeppe

Hi, I have a new 230 Challenger 2008.
The big problem is that no service engineer has ever looked at it and the two engines are not in sync. When the left engine is at 3,000 rpm the right is working at 4,000 - 4,500 rpm. This must obviously be wrong and my guess there is a very easy solution to the problem. Does anyone know how to solve this issue. For the same reason the top speed is some 40 knots and the boat drags to the left at most speeds.

Please could anyone also provide details on speed at various rpm.
Many thanks!!!

It might be possible that the throttle cables aren't in sync and need adjustment or if the rpms at top speed is different you might need to replace a wear ring on the higher rpm engine.

Karl

Thanks, but would it be possible to provide some more details on how to best adjust the throttle cables. What are the steps to go through? Any pics available somewhere?

It's an easy adjustment. Find the throttle cables and check to be sure the cables allows full throttle on both intakes. Then be sure you have the same free play on both cables at idle position. There are adjustment nuts for adjustment on the cable ends.

Karl

Thanks, This is done if i am not mistaken on top of the engines where the cables are visible.
are there any other adjustments/calibrations that you are aware of once you purchase the boat new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back