Engine swap and supercharger question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did an engine swap and relised I have a serious question.
I took a complete drop in engine from a 2003 GTX 185 and put it into a 2004 RXP 215.
Swap was successful and I started the engine for a second but that is it.
I just remembered now that the gear on a 185 supercharger and a 215 were not the same. One was 17 tooth the other 16.
Since the engine had a 185 charger on it before and I changed nothing on the engine can the engine handle the 215 supercharger or do I need to change gears for different supercharger?
Thanks.

Not only do the sc have different number of teeth but the flywheels also have a different number of teeth. The 185 has 86 teeth, the 215 has 87 teeth. The flywheel and sc gear are made to work together with precision and should not be interchanged. You will now need to swap the 215 flywheel with the 185 flywheel if you want it to have 215hp. You could always run the 185 sc gear but it will not develop 215hp. In fact, it will probably make less than 185 because the ecu power curves are set different.

No, the starter bendix gears are all the same. The flywheel is a double row flywheel. The forward gear row is for the starter and it always has 86 teeth. The rear gear row is what drives the sc and has either 86 or 87 teeth for 185 and 215hp models. So, they are easy to tell apart, the 185 has all the teeth lined up while the 215 has them slightly off from each other.

Your welcome but you do know that the 185 uses cast pistons while the 215 uses forged pistons, right? Cast pistons will probably not hold up very well with the added hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back