Engine oil difference

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulc229

Hello all, quick question, I have a 2000 speedster which had the oil bypass done by the previous owner, so it’s now a premix engine. When I took it out for a test ride, it smoked a little on start up, no big deal. Smoke went away and I let it idle for awhile on the lake while I checked the interior out, no smoke. When I got it home fueled it up with quicksilver premium plus(pic attached), it smokes like crazy on start up and anytime I’m at idle even after engine is warm. I got ahold of the previous owner to ask what oil he used thinking that might be the cause of the excessive smoke and he said quicksilver premium plus synthetic(pic attached). Question is would the difference between synthetic and non synthetic be a possible cause of the excessive smoke or am I just hoping for a quick and easy fix?IMG_1578.JPGIMG_1579.JPG

You did not say what engine you have.....
Very important for troubleshooting. I have been swapping between Merc Premium and Merc Premium Plus. Neither smokes much for me.

If you have the EFI engine, I would suspect you might have sticking or leaking injectors. Possibly pressure regulator is sticking. These are problems I had with my engine. I had problems with injectors & fuel pressure. Pressure is spec'd at 34-36 psi. Mine was 65psi. Lots of extra gas and oil and smoke.

If you are carburated, you may have other leaks in the system. I cannot help much there.

Have you checked compression lately? It tells a lot about the internal health of the engine. It should be checked at WOT.

Hello, so I'm finishing up a rebuilt of rotax 787 RFI and was wondering if i need to put any oil into the bottom half of the engine or is the 2 stoke oil goes there somehow ?? thanks

Hello, so I'm finishing up a rebuilt of rotax 787 RFI and was wondering if i need to put any oil into the bottom half of the engine or is the 2 stoke oil goes there somehow ?? thanks
Please post in the 2-stroke PWC forum. But, No Never Premix a fuel injected engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back