Engine Mounted Oil Canister

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agugliel

Premium Member
Premium Member
My utopia 205 with the 250 engine has the four beeps still and I know it is from the oil canister float which I did a conductivity test

So my question is will the engine go into limp mode if you do not change?

If so Is there a way to bypass so you can drive the boat without going into limp mode?

How long does the boat go with the four beeps until it goes into limp mode?

Has anyone gone into limp mode because of the oil canister float?

I had the same problem on my 250 optimax last year, put on new oil tank and problem solved, no more beeps and no more limp mode

you can unplug the sensor but I believe that will still give you the 4 beeps and put in limp mode

So regardless I will go into limp mode then? Also it was strange it took a little while for the boat to go into limp mode is that common?

Did you go into limp mode ASAP? So there is no way around the limp mode just change the canister.

Last once I install the new tank will the ECU recognize and automatically stops the beeps or do I have to reset the computer?

it always took 5 minutes or so of running before limp mode cam on.

Once replaced the sensor works correctly and motor will not go in limp mode, nothing else you need to do

Just make sure you fill the new tank full and put the cover on very tight. If it is lose at all the pressure will force the oil out of it.

I am replacing the tank it is in order but will not have until next week however I wanted to take the boat out this weekend and it has me in limp mode.

Thanks everyone for your help.

So jump the two wires that connect from the ECU to the oil canister right? Will not short anything out right? Not to worry I have a ton of oil.

Last just on an observation how much oil do these engine consume in a full tank of gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back