Engine cutoff when accelerate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker

Hi!!

I having problems with my GTi 130 2009! When i accelerate, and the engines over 5000rpm, automaticaly the engine cutoff and appears "chk engine" on display!

What may cause it?

I need help!!

Thanks!

:)

To high is also an issue. It creates crank case pressure and you loose performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when the oil is in low level, the message P1502 (TOPS problem) appears on display! its normal appers it wiht low level oil?

Whats T.O.P.S.?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Code P1502 is specifically for the TOPS system...

Tomorow i will disassembly the TOPS for clean and try to fix!

I not use my PWC since 2014! maybe is dirt in sensor.

I can disregard that is low level oil that make the TOPS appears P1502?

20160114_165258.jpg20160114_165309.jpg20160114_165341.jpg

Pictures of the engine of my gti 130 powered by ethanol E100 with CDi ignition.

I not found the TOPS sensor! heres the location?

sorry per dirt! i not use it since 2014 :)

wrong oil (20W50) can cause P1502 code?

The engine was one month without oil, i drain the oil and new oil delayed to arrive and for not leave empty i put the cheapest oil that i found and was the Shell 20W50!

I dont will use this oil to run on water, is just put it when kept on the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. This makes you a great researcher.
The TOP switch in past post, has been reported as going bad sometimes. The shop manual for your ski should help find it. Usually next to the control board and relay switch.
As for the oil, it is best to use Sea Doo oil recommended. If you have a non supercharged engine, then a good motorcycle engine oil.

Love it. This makes you a great researcher.
The TOP switch in past post, has been reported as going bad sometimes. The shop manual for your ski should help find it. Usually next to the control board and relay switch.
As for the oil, it is best to use Sea Doo oil recommended. If you have a non supercharged engine, then a good motorcycle engine oil.

Thanks for the compliment!

I found the TOPS, i will make the tests now!

I will post the results here!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back