Engine cranking issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gekitch111

I have a '98 challenger 1800. 2 engines. one engine starts but the other was cranking but now doesn't. I removed plugs and turns over great. Plugs back in and it cranks for a while. I give it a break and then no go again. am seeing alot of oil coming form cyclinders when cranking without plugs. Is this normal? Battery is strong and electrical connections look good. Any ideas guys? FYI. It just came out of storage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark the level in your oil tank with a piece of tape etc. If when sitting static on the trailer for a few days you notice any amount of oil dropping below that level line or while cranking it over and the case is filling with oil your inner crank seals are bad. Outers probably to, your engine won't live long if it starts and gets run that way.

You can pressure and vacuum check with the proper block off kits for this condition in the crank seals, but it's rebuild time before bad things happen. Remember they don't make these engines anymore, preserve the one you have when it's needed.

If it were just fogging oil from storage it should have expelled most of that after a bit of cranking and been done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did another check and iits only the aft cyclinder thats spitting oil. Looks like it needs a visit to the dealer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back