Engine cowl gas strut replacements

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmold

Engine cowl gas strut replacements Found them!

My '97 gas struts barely holds up the cover and I can't seem to find those discontinued parts. Is there some aftermarket replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Google a strut repair guy in your area.
If they can't fix it they should be able to sell you a replacement.
I'm sure someone on here will chime in with a replacement part number.

I found the struts from the OEM manufacturer but need to buy 6 to get a much better price ($16 /ea.) Any one else want some?

Ronmold, I need a couple of new struts for my 1998 Speedster. The current struts will hold up the engine cover but will not pop open the hatch when the handle is pulled. If they are the exact same gas struts as the OEM struts (204070178 or equivalent), I would pay for two.

For my 1996 Sportster, I got some from Autozone. I only use one on one side, as it is powerful, but my cheapness is more powerful than the gas strut.

Part number 4358

I now have 2 pair of new exact replacement gas springs available to buy for the '97 Speedster. May fit other years/models but I don't know for sure. $36 per pair plus shipping.

Hi, just a quick one, do you still have any gas springs available with the mounting brackets, need a pair but can't get them here in Australia for love or money!!

The struts are generic and can be ordered on Amazon, eBay, or anywhere really. It is not necessary, and is a waste, to worry about getting them from an OEM source. These are the ones I recently bought for my 1998 Sportster 1800:

https://www.amazon.com/Lift-Support...vpo4qqCJUy0mpKLymLc-PsZKAv2tQ9r0Aitb_tGe9BAyY
They are 10lbs stronger than my OEM ones because I wanted the lid to pop open better, but the extra force didn't do anything anyway. The part number for my original ones would have been sl34-80 instead of sl34-90.

The struts are generic and can be ordered on Amazon, eBay, or anywhere really. It is not necessary, and is a waste, to worry about getting them from an OEM source. These are the ones I recently bought for my 1998 Sportster 1800:

https://www.amazon.com/Lift-Support...vpo4qqCJUy0mpKLymLc-PsZKAv2tQ9r0Aitb_tGe9BAyY
They are 10lbs stronger than my OEM ones because I wanted the lid to pop open better, but the extra force didn't do anything anyway. The part number for my original ones would have been sl34-80 instead of sl34-90.
Thanks for this, mine are getting weak but still hold the lid open...for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back