Engine bogs down and shuts off at full throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_24

I have a 02 seadoo xp 957
Wen it sits for more than 10 min wen i start it and give it a full throttle the motor bogs down ans shuts off
I have to play with the throttle at 2500 rpm for few mind to get it to punch

Can anyone tell me in detail whats going on ?

I can tell you if you keep doing that you will probably damage the engine.

I agree with Bow hunter in that it is probably a leaking needle and seat. I would also make sure your accelerator pump works and your gas tank holds pressure.

I can tell you if you keep doing that you will probably damage the engine.

I agree with Bow hunter in that it is probably a leaking needle and seat. I would also make sure your accelerator pump works and your gas tank holds pressure.
I never rebuilt the acc pump wen i did the carbs
Also how do i check for leaking needle and seat ? I did the pop off pressure test and it was to spec wen i rebuilt the carbs or is that something different ?

You need to make sure the accelerator pump is squirting into the top of bot carbs.

After you put the carbs back together you make sure they can hold 10 psi without leaking.

Mine was caused by failing fuel lines with cracks. Air was causing the bogging and I could feather it on the top end to get up to speed, but no responsiveness. Make sure you hoses are not cracking around the hose nipples.

Mine was caused by failing fuel lines with cracks. Air was causing the bogging and I could feather it on the top end to get up to speed, but no responsiveness. Make sure you hoses are not cracking around the hose nipples.
Im good once it punches after few minutes of playin with the throttle

You need to make sure the accelerator pump is squirting into the top of bot carbs.

After you put the carbs back together you make sure they can hold 10 psi without leaking.
How do i perform the pressure test ? Is it the same as pop off test ?

No, with the carb back together you plug the return fitting and pump 10 psi into the inlet. It should hold 10 psi forever, this is to make sure your needle and seat isn't leaking and flooding the engine.

No, with the carb back together you plug the return fitting and pump 10 psi into the inlet. It should hold 10 psi forever, this is to make sure your needle and seat isn't leaking and flooding the engine.
Can i do it while its still on the motor ?
And shud i block any other inlets ?

Does the accelerator pump squirt fuel into both carbs properly?

Chester
Nvm i checked and the carb is leaking wen i pump 10 psi into return fitting. im replacing both needle and seat

The fuel pump seems fine
Squirts into both at the same time
20180605_165616.jpg20180605_165618.jpg

Any updates? I'm having a similar problem. Should the carb hold pressure when pumping into the return fitting or just the inlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back