Engine alarm problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjul

I have a 2004 SEADOO RX DI with 2t, Rotax engine.
The engine starts fine and run ok with low rmp. - when i throttle it to higher rmp. it goes into emergency mode / alarm mode and error light comes on. Anyone know these engines and can give tips on where to start troubleshooting? How can a read out failure code? Maybe is a sensor failure, if it`s what signal cues safe mode? can i take out a senor by senor to check?

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Make sure you are getting water through the cooling system. Could be overheating. You should hook it up to water at home and feel the head of the engine and make sure it feels cold. Just an idea, I’m not too sure what sensors that ski has

If you run it on the hose do not turn the hose on with the engine off. The correct procedure is engine - on, then hose -on then hose off and finally engine off.

You are going to need a code reader like the CanDoo Pro to find out what the error message is.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I have already tried to run and back flush it with hose. No alarm or heating discover with run on hose, the trigger for alarm coming up under higher rmp. on water.

After what a understand it can be temperature sensors some trig the limp mode, can I just take off the electrical wiring on this sensor to check if this sensor is the problem? or do i need to jump the circut in the socket?

Last edited:
The service manual, available for free online, lists all the trouble codes that could be causing limp mode on p379. Page 374 lists sensor tests you can perform. Without a code reader, you will likely struggle to diagnose it.

Another easy test is to check voltage at the battery when running to make sure your rectifier is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back