Electrical problems 96 SPI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got R Did !!! the Red Factory ignition box kinda complicated things for me. I had a ground on the coil from the Red Ignition box (Factory Pipe) but not a ground from the Control Module. Fired that baby right up and it stops when I ask it to. :D:D I ordered another Control Module but I'm gonna try a permanent repair on the diode replacement. I love this ski !! Did I say that already ?? :D:D

On this issue/thread can you provide an executive summary? memorandum format, the 5 Ws, for archive purposes...LOL.

Installed replacement electronic module today. Fired up and ready for a water test.... I'm thinking tomorrow. This ski is kicks to ride. Next on the list is the 1996XP which is getting painted above the water line.

Water test today. Weather was muggy and rainy but the SPI went for a swim. I probably road for about 45minutes off and on. I sure do like that Ski !! Had a lot of fun.... tested out A-OK !!SPI Diversion Canal 2-2019.jpgSeaDoo SPI 2-2019 Diversion Canal.jpeg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention it again. This little ski has a factory pipe, the water injection solenoid, Factory electronics, rev limiters, in-line water filter canister, jetted carbs and I'd guess a different prop. It is fun to ride. I know the seller had no idea the stuff was on there nor would he have cared. I mentioned previously the ski hit 48mph on the GPS which I didn't think was a big deal but compared to the stock 1996 SPI that's pretty good. :)

About the time I had the current problem I was studying on the adjustment of the water injection module. They recommended splashing water on the pipe to determine temperature. I bought the little infrared thrermo and planned on doing some checks.. The pipe runs cool so I can't see risking adjustments but I can see what it is doing for documentation. I spent lots of time and some coin fixing this ski up but really nothing major was wrong just need the normal amount of love after ownership of barbarians. Ha ha.

Honestly, I don't need any other jet ski for me personally but as many of you know I have a 96 SPX and a 96 XP. Both will blow this ski away. The SPX is completely done and the XP is still in the paint shop. I have not touched it in a while but that is about to change. I have a thread I started on that ski I'm gonna find it and rejuvenate it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back