Eilleen

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTwinLake

So I picked-up an 04 3D, and finally took it out yesterday for my maiden voyage.

I have the dreaded lean...Can't beleive Seadoo would sell a product so horribly balanced....

Spent some time going through the forum and I have read about a battery relocation kit and also a splash guard.

Does anyone have any information on either of these items.

Looking for something "out of the box", not something I have to fab. up.

Also possibly looking to an intake grate, seems that it dies a little when the pump runs out of water???

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited by a moderator:
i relocated mine to the rear left corner, this was only possible because i had already removed all of the exhaust baffles and run a straight stainless pipe opening up a lot of space in the back
also mine sits in a bracket i made, on a steep angle so you will need a sealed battery so it doesnt leak
the next problem is access, when it is in the rear you cant get to it for testing or charging so i have a trickle charge lead running up to above the fuel tank
not to mention you need to extend the battery cables etc etc

i dont know of any kits you can just buy

things that help the issue: full fuel tank, full oil tank, you could potentially add some diving weights to the rear left (fixed down in some way)

Eilleen no more!!! Going to have to rename her now.....

I did the battery relocation and it worked, Great idea!!!

Wasn't the easiest project in the world, just a little time consuming.

I picked up a battery tray off of ebay for $20, it came with a steel back plate, the rubber under the battery and the hold down straps.

Ended up using JB weld and a coupld of #10 stainless hex head screws to bolt the tray in place, after that I picked up a lawnmower battery cable and connected the original positive battery cable to it. The negative did not have to be extended, just relocated.

One neat thing was that instead of cutting and soldering the original positive cable, I just used one of the bolts that holds the electrical box in the front of the ski, since it held two pieces of plastic together.

Anyway, ski is level now and tried it out on Lake St. Clair yesterday in 3 footers and battery held like a champ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back