Early riding season in Big D

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky you! Here it is almost impossible to think about it before the beginning of May because even if the lake gets free of ice (last year was April 24th), we still can get significant frost until the end of April. It is not unheard of also to get a few inches of snow early May (but it melts immediately). There is also the water temp: 37 degrees F is really too cold to have fun even if the sun is shining. I tried it on May 3rd last year...

Do you ride in Sea water?

Benji

We went out last saturday.82 degrees,water temp 60 degrees.But that was in our 05 sportster.There where some jet skis out though.Great weather!!

Ha ha I made the mistake of taking my 03 sportster out mid-may last year here in Buffalo and the water temps were about 55deg F. Within the first 20 minutes the intake sucked up so much debris from the water there I was taking a swim to clear the intake grate. FML

Here we have to watch for huge logs floating, some buoys and docks debris that got misplaced by our higher water lever than usual.

Benji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back