dumb (super dumb) cooler questions.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

icebear

I've obtained a jet ski recently and am looking to try to catch fish with it... Also looking at images of coolers which people attach to the rear of the ski...

1. You're supposed to get on skis from the rear; how do you do that with a cooler in the way??

2. What do you do if you manage to catch three or four halfway big fish??

3. Has anybody considered simply towing an 8' or 10' sit-on kayak to keep caught fish on? My ski (SeaDoo gtx di, 2001 model) is advertised as able to pull tubes which is huge drag and I doubt it would even notice whatever drag was involved in pulling a 40-lb - 50-lb kayak...

Just get an old PWC hull, seal up any holes and then tow it for your cooler of fish or brews (different coolers of course)

Old hull idea is the best answer IMO. Cheap and easy to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most of the pwc fishing setups I've seen quite simply had the cooler on the back. You CAN climb back up over a cooler/fuel rack I've done it before, as long as there is room for your feet on either side of the cooler you could get up and over, but probably the best advice is to not fall off, or you could maybe add a boarding step to assist you in stepping up/over, or just install a waterski type tow handle that ties onto the grab bar. You could always Purchase a LRV which has mountains of storage built in, you could hide tarpon in one of those bins.

I have seen pic's of side setups... where two small coolers were mounted on the back with some room up the middle but most were under 20" in length.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back