Drive shaft won't go back in - 1995 Seadoo 720cc HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BobCobb

Can anyone offer some insight into why the drive shaft won't go all the way in. Took it out to replace O ring seals and now it is about 2-3cm short of going all he way in. It came out with a little resistance but was not seized.

See if the rubber bumper is still in the hole. Most shafts have one at both ends. They normally remain attached to the shaft. Some stick in the hole when the shaft is pulled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to make sure the coupler is aligned. Also, is the white plastic piece clipped onto the front of the driveshaft or did it fall off inside the coupler? There is no rubber bumper on the front.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Yes the white plastic piece is on the front of the shaft and we have tried several times to push the shaft back in but it won't go all the way in. Don't know why.

Why do you think it's coming up short? Will the pump not go on? What seems to be the problem?

Thanks all but the problem is solved. The coupler assembly had falling down once the Drive Shaft was removed and needed to be held up so that they all lined up. Thanks for your help.

What was the first line off my first post? Lol, just kidding. Glad you're back together.

Back