Draining 2 stroke oil - mercury instead of quicksilver

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

02PSU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi All,
What’s the best way to drain my two stroke oil on my 2001 speedster 240 efi? I put some of the mercury premium plus synthetic blend two stroke oil in (in the black bottle, picture attached), and noticed that it’s been smoking more than the quicksilver normally does - is that possible or am I crazy? Anyways I want to drain the tank to be sure..
Thanks,
Thomas

Attachments

• 7BCBEECB-3E52-4A7A-8F75-F2DC296D5456.png
    7BCBEECB-3E52-4A7A-8F75-F2DC296D5456.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 19
On the merc... it's easy. Drain out the tank on the engine, and just remove, and pour out the main tank. (unthread the caps, and remove the rubber strap)

I've flushed a bunch of 2-stroke tanks over the years... so it's a reasonable thing to do. Fortunately... with TC-w3 oils... they are relatively compatible, so it doesn't need to be squeaky clean. Just drain and refill.

On the merc... it's easy. Drain out the tank on the engine, and just remove, and pour out the main tank. (unthread the caps, and remove the rubber strap)

I've flushed a bunch of 2-stroke tanks over the years... so it's a reasonable thing to do. Fortunately... with TC-w3 oils... they are relatively compatible, so it doesn't need to be squeaky clean. Just drain and refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back