Dow Corning 111

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scogdell

Hi,

I am doing an oil change on a 2012 Sea Doo Wake Pro, including changing spark plugs this weekend. The manual states to use Dow Corning 111 on the Spark Plug coil seal. It isn't available locally, and unless I spend a fortune ($30+) for overnight delivery I won't have it by Saturday when I'm doing the work.

Does Permatex Dielectric Grease work the same? Is there any other lubricant that equals the Dow Corning 111?

I've called several dealers (Sea Doo Part number is 413 707 000) and it is a special order item, which tells me that it isn't that common

Thank you.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Any brand of dielectric grease will work and is the appropriate substance to use on the spark plug coils. I usually smear some on the bottom of the coil where it meets the spark plug, even a little on the white part of the spark plug and the threaded top nipple. Also good to apply to the top coil seal area so it does not stick to the valve cover and slides in smooth. Make sure the coil plug has a good coating inside to keep out moisture and corrosion.

Good idea to put some anti-sieze grease on the spark plug threads before reinstalling into the head as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back