Does this engine sound right

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosl2

2003 sea doo challenger m2 carbed. Just finished draining fuel and refill. It’s 60deg with snow on the ground so I figure I give it a try. I never had the boat in the water. Many have helped me a lot on this forum. Thank you! Looking for feedback that the engine sounds correct. Sounds a little rackety to me. I never had an outboard, my inboard 350s on my other boat are smooth as a butter while this sounds a little different to me.

Your i/o 350s are 4 strokes with more sophisticated gearbox. Don't compare them.

Your Merc sounds about typical, but you can't really tell until it's in the water with a load on the gears.

Did you feel each cyl head for temp? Cold means that cyl is not firing. Could be from not getting gas. No gas means no oil, that could mean meltdown. Be sure all cyls are firing.

Sounds like normal to me.... same sounds as my V6 M2 EFI. Yes you can really test it with load in the water but as of this time, youre engine sounds great.

Yes all cylinders seem to be firing. Heads are warm. I will check them with my infrared thermometer. I just wasn’t sure because it’s not as smooth as I figured. It does run like an outboard with a little shake/vibration at idle

2003 sea doo challenger m2 carbed. Just finished draining fuel and refill. It’s 60deg with snow on the ground so I figure I give it a try. I never had the boat in the water. Many have helped me a lot on this forum. Thank you! Looking for feedback that the engine sounds correct. Sounds a little rackety to me. I never had an outboard, my inboard 350s on my other boat are smooth as a butter while this sounds a little different to me.

That sounds about right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back