Does my bat have a TRIM? New owner-struggling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsurprise

Just bought a 2004 Sportster LE boat. Does not take off like it should. Compression is good and dealer gave it a tune up, but did not drive it. Took it out and the RPMs get up, but it's like the trim, if it has one, is not right.
Like an outboard with the trim all the way up on takeoff.
Does get up to top speed and runs good, but takeoff is terrible. No noises or break ups.
Additionally, when we pulled into the no wake zone i lifted the back compartment to see water pouring out of the flushing connector.

Any ideas? I really don't want to take it back to the mechanic unless I know what needs fixed.

Thanks a lot - Ryan

If water was pouring out of the flush connector, ensure the cap is on so that it closes the leak and try it again.. Sounds like another quality check issue after service...

Any idea on the trim/lack of takeoff ability. I know there is no manual trim, but thought maybe there is an adjustment on the motor.

Thanks again. I am going to take it back to the shop if needed, but would like someone who knows to advise before they do.

Did you check your wear ring and impeller? Might be wise to look at them, just to eliminate something.

I took off the grate that covers the impeller and see a plastic sleeve that covers the impeller???? It is cracked and in two pieces. Still covering but definitely broken.
Any idea on how to check the wear ring?

Would the wear ring or impeller, or the plastic sleeve keep it from getting out of the hole, but still reach top speed after gradually gaining speed.

The motor sounds strong and doesn't break up or miss.

I have an appointment to take it in, but 10 days til they can work on it.

Thanks guys, i really do appreciate it.

Ryan

I took off the grate that covers the impeller and see a plastic sleeve that covers the impeller???? It is cracked and in two pieces. Still covering but definitely broken.
Any idea on how to check the wear ring?

Would the wear ring or impeller, or the plastic sleeve keep it from getting out of the hole, but still reach top speed after gradually gaining speed.

The motor sounds strong and doesn't break up or miss.

I have an appointment to take it in, but 10 days til they can work on it.

Thanks guys, i really do appreciate it.

Ryan

Im confused , , if it is what you are calling "the plastic sleeve that covers the impeller" , then that is the wear ring , , and if its cracked or broke , , then that is probably your problem , , replace it . . But if its the boot , or shield that covers the shaft going to the impeller , , than cut it off , you dont need it , and it will work better , , try it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back