Does anyone what the compression is on rxpx260? How can I tell if scom is working?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjc702

I bought a 2012 RXPX260 with 116 hours on it. Rebuilt the jet pump and new wear ring. The ski would do 62ish all the time and sometimes I would get 66 out of it. I had the dealer rebuild the supercharger and install a scom. Still runs the same. compression is 120 in all cylinders. It says that the scom should make it start in sport mode and it doesn't. It seams to run fine and has plenty of power except for top speed. At wot sometimes runs hot like around 225. Any thoughts? Ski has 152 hours on it now.

120psi sounds about right, just a few lb low if anything but being they're all even and all well above 100 that's the biggie.

People have reported lost power and hot running when the rubber exhaust hose from the exhaust manifold has delaminated internally thus is partially blocked.

"Still runs the same" - IMO, you're lucky.

Just did another compression test today. Here are the results. Compression test cold no throttle 120 120 120 full throttle 130 110 120 10/17/17

You have a pump problem, not an engine problem. check your impeller and your carbon seal.

Correct, sounds like a pump issue. Where did you get your new wear ring? And when you are @62mph the rpms are still in 7800-7900 range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back