Does anyone know what this is?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito2428

Hello all. While cleaning the engine compartment I found a small rubber piece in the bottom of it. Does anyone know what it is and where it belongs?

Attachments

• B9ED07D9-53E9-4F00-92F1-96475FBBBBB1.jpeg
    B9ED07D9-53E9-4F00-92F1-96475FBBBBB1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 8914A66B-8431-4147-89A2-B0E86F5CB5E8.jpeg
    8914A66B-8431-4147-89A2-B0E86F5CB5E8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Looks like a boot from an electrical connector to me. They seal a male and female plug from moisture when plugged in together. What one who knows!

It looks like one of the “seals”, “weather seal” from one of your electrical connectors. Here is one from my spark plug coil connection. I have one that popped out & is somewhere in the bottom of the engine bay but I was unable to locate it to retrieve it. Hoping it shows up some day like yours did. IMG_3139.JPGIMG_3140.JPG

Thanks. Must’ve been when I recently had an oil change done. Have you had any issues with moisture since it went missing?

Mine popped out this fall when I did my oil change and it has been sitting in the garage since then. I have been meaning to ask folks on this forum if they know where I might get a replacement. If anyone knows please share a link. I imagine it is better to have it in there but unless you are getting a lot of water in your engine compartment it doesnt seem likely to cause a problem. On a jetski i would be more worried about it but on my 210 challenger the engine stays pretty dry but there is still water in the bilge area so my plan is to replace it if possible.

Without it your connections will corrode over time due to moisture even in freshwater. Find where it goes and reinstall or replace. You do not want electrical gremlins on these.

That is wise advice......any idea where to get a replacement? I looked on seadoo parts warehouse and couldn't locate the connector on the schematics.

You can check wit PWC muscle here on the site. Another good option is Nick and Jess at Westside Powersports Seadoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back