Does anyone have a supercharger E8 wrench? - Central NJ

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rezao

Hello,

I am currently in a bit of time pinch to get my super charger off my 180 Challenger. All of my E8 wrenches do not fit between the bolt and the case. Is there anyone in the Ewing/Bordentown/Longhorn/Jersey Shore areas with this speciality tool or an E8 that fits the bolt between the super charger and the case? I have another one in the mail but I need to get this super charger off before the end of the week. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 370945E9-6D87-4A1E-B255-59B4A5A47A89.jpeg
    370945E9-6D87-4A1E-B255-59B4A5A47A89.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 6
I believe you can use a regular 8mm socket on the torx head bolt.
There is no space between the case and the super charger for a socket/wrench. You need a box wrench. The e8 wrench I had was too fat around and would not fit between the case and supercharger.

There is no space between the case and the super charger for a socket/wrench. You need a box wrench. The e8 wrench I had was too fat around and would not fit between the case and supercharger.

I had to buy a tool to fit in there too. It is a pain to remove that bolt because it is long and you can only turn it a little at a time. I replaced mine with a standard stainless metric bolt when I put super charger back in.

Pretty sure I used a 8mm box wrench and it fit no problem. I'll take a pic tomorrow when I open the boat back up before taking her out. It's a slow process to get the bolt out, but it's doable for sure.

I had to replace carbon seal on my 06 rxt. I just finished putting it back together yesterday. I bought the e8 specialty tool and it was a pain. The head of the bolt started slipping so I cut the bolt off. I replaced the 3 bolts with hex head bolts. I don't know what the name of the part is but it sits above the SC and goes into the engine. It is held on by two bolts and has a hose connected to it. Remove it and the exhaust and it will save you a lot of time.

I had to replace carbon seal on my 06 rxt. I just finished putting it back together yesterday. I bought the e8 specialty tool and it was a pain. The head of the bolt started slipping so I cut the bolt off. I replaced the 3 bolts with hex head bolts. I don't know what the name of the part is but it sits above the SC and goes into the engine. It is held on by two bolts and has a hose connected to it. Remove it and the exhaust and it will save you a lot of time.
I think that you are referring to the TOPS valve and YES, definitely remove that to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back